With only a few days until my 38th birthday, I thought I’d continue the (almost) yearly tradition and share 37 things I’ve learned (or been reminded of) this past year.
Since we’re all human, I hope you can perhaps learn, relate to, or even smile about some of these, too.
1. Everything can change in a year.
2. The truth always comes out in the end.
3. No matter who you are, what you do or what you believe, loss is loss and it hurts.
4. Some relationships are worth fighting for.
5. Some are not. Know the difference.
6. There is always hope.
7. If you can’t see hope, find someone who can help you find it again.
8. You are not who people think you are. You are who you think you are.
9. Don’t believe everything you think at 2AM.
10. The hardest times reveal the best people.
11. And sometimes the opposite is true.
12. Hot tea and cake is way more comforting than I thought.
13. I still don’t like coffee.
14. We are not meant just to cope or survive.
15. We are meant to thrive and fully live.
16. Fun should never be underestimated.
17. Popularity is so overestimated.
18. You can be the most loving person in the world but if that love doesn’t include you then you’re not as loving as you might think.
19. Sometimes love means saying no.
20. Silence often says more than words ever could.
21. Speaking up is important, too. Recognize the difference.
22. Money is freedom.
23. I would never feel weird about winning the lotto as I could share that freedom with so many.
24. I can tell a lot about someone through their voice.
25. I can fall in love with a voice.
26. Bradley Cooper is my new crush. (See above).
27. I am the world’s worst drawer but I love, love, love colour.
28. You can’t save anyone. You can support and guide them but they have to save themselves.
29. Nevertheless, walk away from anyone who spends their time focusing on your faults. There are way too many other kind people in the world to be with instead.
30. Sunshine is my friend.
31. Everyone’s version of happiness is different.
32. Spiritual hierarchy one of the most ironic, toxic things around.
33. A baby giggling is one the best, heart-opening things around.
34. I say ‘really’ and ‘honestly’ more than I’d like.
35. My body is my greatest teacher.
36. My best friends are my heroes.
37. The best is yet to come!
With much love