For the past couple of years, before my birthday, I’ve written what I’ve learned, or at least been more reminded of in my recent journey. So here we are again. Thirty three has been good to me. Many lessons. Many blessings!
My love to you all.
1) All of us chose the perfect body for our purpose. Including me.
2) That doesn’t mean I’m totally OK with not being able to run and jump around sometimes. And that’s OK, too.
3) I have a book in me. I have several books in me.
4) And they will be shared and supported in perfect timing.
5) When I hear someone’s voice I hear who they are.
6) The Angels never cease to amaze me.
7) People are far more interested in whether you’re willing to truly listen to them than what qualifications you have.
8) Sweetness is sexy.
9) So is sensitivity.
10) Beautiful friendships with open-hearted people can form very quickly.
11) I rarely see some of the most important people in my life and will never complain about technology for being the reason I can communicate with them daily.
12) I absolutely know what true love is because of my friendships. But I’m equally impatient to share it with someone who is more than a friend.
13) Some of the things that terrify people come easily to me.
14) But I am still scared of driving and won’t learn. If you knew my sense of direction and spatial awareness, you’d understand why.
15) I am so not a multi-tasker but that doesn’t mean I can’t do a lot.
16) Life is confusing. And very clear. All at the same time.
17) I find it difficult to resist bread if it’s put in front of me.
18) I always want to resist exercise but am always grateful when I actually do it.
19) I do not like green smoothies or green tea, no matter how much I try them.
20) Whatever I charge for my services, there will always be those who disagree. My value is up to me.
21) A sense of humour is essential.
22) Never assume people know how you feel. If you want them to know, tell them.
23) I am a very emotional person but I am not someone who can cry and still manage to look or sound pretty. If I cry, it’s rarely a tear or two.
24) I need my own space more than I thought.
25) I am both more silly and more shy than most people think.
26) Some days I listen to a song over and over again and it makes me feel better.
27) Music changes people’s lives. Never underestimate it.
28) Or kindness. It costs nothing but could mean everything.
29) We live and die when we are meant to. Even if it makes no sense.
30) Worrying never helps anything.
31) Praying for what you want, as if it’s already here, does.
32) My favourite moments in life are never grand but a little pampering is definitely good for my soul. They don’t call me the Queen for nothing!
33) We are so much more than our circumstances and rising above them is a conscious choice at every moment.
Your basket is currently empty.